Grandstream GXP2130/2140/2160/2135/2170 IP Phone
Quick User Guide
Basic Phone Operation
USING THE HEADSET OR SPEAKER
- Use the Speaker Button to turn speaker ON/OFF.
- Use the Headset button to use the headset once it had been connected.
MAKING A CALL
- Take Handset/Headset off-hook or press Speaker button or an available LINE key (activates speakerphone).
- The line will have dial tone and the corresponding line’s LED will turn green.
- If you wish, select another LINE key (alternative SIP account).
- Enter the phone number.
- Press the SEND button or press the “DIAL” soft key.
- Take the phone off-hook.
- Press the SEND button or press the “REDIAL” soft key. Note: The phone will redial using the same SIP account as was used for the last call.
Single Incoming Call:
- Answer call by taking Handset/Headset off hook or pressing SPEAKER or by pressing the corresponding account LINE button.
Multiple Incoming Calls:
- When there is a call waiting, users will hear a Call Waiting tone.
- The next available line will flash red.
- Answer the incoming call by pressing its corresponding LINE button.
- The current call will be put on hold.
- Toggle between the calls using the LINE button.
ENDING A CALL
- End a call by pressing the “End Call” soft key or hang up the phone.
- Hold: Place a call on ‘hold’ by pressing the hold button
- Resume: Resume call by pressing the corresponding blinking LINE.
Assuming that you are in a call and wish to transfer the call to another party.
- Press transfer button
- Dial the number and press the send button to complete transfer of active call.
Static Attended Transfer:
- Press an idle line key to make a new call and the active LINE will be placed on hold automatically.
- Once the call is established, press transfer button followed by the LINE button of the held line to transfer the call.
- After the call is transferred, phone will display idle screen.
Dynamic Attended Transfer:
- Set "Attended Transfer Mode" to "Dynamic" on Web GUI.
- Establish one call first.
- Press transfer key to bring up a new line, and the first call will be placed on hold automatically.
- Dial the number and press SEND button to make a second call.
- Press transfer key again to make the transfer.
Note: For Dynamic Attended Transfer, after dialing out the number for the second call, a “Split” soft key will show. If the second call is not established yet (ringing), pressing “Split” will hang up the second call. If the second call is established (answered), pressing “Split” will resume the second call and keep the first call on hold.
Initiate a Conference Call:
Assuming that you are already in a conversation and wish to bring a third party together in a 3-way conference.
- Press conference button to bring up conference dialing screen.
- Dial the third-party number followed by SEND key.
- When the call is established to the third party, press the “Conf Call” soft key to initiate 3 -way conference.
Cancel a Conference Call:
- Press “Cancel” soft key in conference dialing screen to resume the two-way conversation.
Hold The Conference:
- Press hold button to hold the conference call with all parties are on hold.
- Press “ReConf” soft key to resume conference call; or select the corresponding blinking LINE to speak with an individual party.
End The Conference:
- The conference will be terminated for all three parties if the conference initiator hangs up or presses “End Call” soft key.
A blinking red MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) indicates a message is waiting.
- Press the Message button to retrieve the message. An IVR will prompt the user through the process of message retrieval.
- Press a specific LINE to retrieve messages for a specific line account.
Note: Each account requires a voicemail portal number to be configured in the “voicemail user id” field.
- Press the MUTE button to mute/ unmute the microphone.
- The Mute icon indicates whether the microphone is muted.
- Use the volume button to adjust the ring volume when the phone is idle.
- Press the volume button during an active call to adjust the call volume.