Grandstream GXP 1620/1625 IP Phone
Quick User Guide
Basic Phone Operation
USING THE HEADSET OR SPEAKER
- Use the Speaker Button to turn speaker ON/OFF.
- Use the Headset button to use the headset once it had been connected.
MAKING A CALL
- Take Handset/Headset off-hook or press Speaker button or an available LINE key (activates speakerphone).
- The line will have dial tone and the corresponding line’s LED will turn green.
- If you wish, select another LINE key (alternative SIP account).
- Enter the phone number.
- Press the SEND button or press the “#” key.
- Take the phone off-hook.
- Press the SEND button or press the “REDIAL” soft key.
Note: The phone will redial using the same SIP account as was used for the last call.
Single Incoming Call:
- Answer call by taking Handset/Headset off hook or pressing SPEAKER or by pressing the corresponding account LINE button.
Multiple Incoming Calls:
- When there is a call waiting, users will hear a Call Waiting tone.
- The next available line will flash red.
- Answer the incoming call by pressing its corresponding LINE button.
- The current call will be put on hold.
- Toggle between the calls using the LINE button.
ENDING A CALL
- End a call by pressing the “End Call” soft key or hang up the phone.
- Hold: Place a call on ‘hold by pressing the hold button.
- Resume: Resume call by pressing the corresponding blinking LINE.
Assuming that you are in a call and wish to transfer the call to another party.
- Press transfer button.
- Dial the number and press the send button to complete transfer of active call.
- Press an idle line key to make a new call and the active LINE will be placed on hold automatically.
- Once the call is established, press transfer button followed by the LINE button of the held line to transfer the call.
- After the call is transferred, phone will display idle screen.
- Set "Auto-Attended Transfer" to "Yes" on Web GUI.
- Establish one call first.
- Press transfer key to bring up a new line, and the first call will be placed on hold automatically.
- Dial the number and press SEND button to make a second call.
- Press transfer key again to make the transfer.
3-WAY CONFERENCE (4-WAY CONFERENCE for GXP1630)
Initiate a Conference Call:
Assuming that you are already in a conversation and wish to bring a third party together in a 3-way conference.
- Press conference button to bring up conference dialing screen.
- Dial the third-party number followed by SEND key.
- When the call is established to the third party, press the “Conf Call” soft key to initiate 3 -way conference.
- Repeat step 1-3 to add the fourth party into the conference (GXP1630 only).
Cancel a Conference Call:
- Press “Cancel” soft key in conference dialing screen to resume the two-way conversation.
Hold The Conference:
- Press hold button to hold the conference call with all parties are on hold.
- Press “ReConf” soft key to resume conference call; or select the corresponding blinking LINE to speak with an individual party.
End The Conference:
- The conference will be terminated for all three parties if the conference initiator hangs up or presses “EndCall” soft key.
A blinking red MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) indicates a message is waiting.
- Press the Message button to retrieve the message. An IVR will prompt the user through the process of message retrieval.
- Press a specific LINE to retrieve messages for a specific line account.
Note: Each account requires a voicemail portal number to be configured in the “voicemail user id” field.
- Press the MUTE button to mute/ unmute the microphone.
- The Mute icon indicates whether the microphone is muted.
- Use the volume button to adjust the ring volume when the phone is idle.
- Press the volume button during an active call to adjust the call volume.